Although not originally platted until 1903, on February 28, A.D. 1885, the Board of Health of West Branch Township adopted a Resolution naming the (then called) New Cemetery, "Brookside".
Brookside Cemetery is the burial site of many Civil War Service Men including a late Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court. The cemetery has had 8 land expansions since its adoption over a 100 years ago.
The Brookside Cemetery Policy & Map can be viewed/printed by clicking on the links in the left margin of this page. For information regarding plot purchase, please contact City Hall at 989-345-0500.
Information on this page was provided with great appreciation to the Ogemaw County Genealogical & Historical Society,
the West Branch Centennial Book Committee, their publications "100 Voices Through 100 Years" ,
"Ogemaw County Historical Review", and the writings of LuAnn Zettle.