City of West Branch Residents

The City of West Branch has funding available through the CDBG program, MSHDA Property Improvement Program (PIP) and USDA Rural Development Housing Preservation Grant (HPG) for low to very low-income residents of City of West Branch for home improvements, emergency repairs, and weatherization.

To be eligible, you must:

- Provide proof of income
- Provide proof of one-year ownership whether it is a recorded warranty deed or land contract
- Property taxes must be current
- Provide proof of homeowner’s insurance

If you live in the City of West Branch and your income is below 80% area median income, you may qualify as a Section 3 resident.  What is Section 3?  The Section 3 program requires that residents of certain HUD financial assistance, to the greatest extent possible, provide job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low or very low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhood.  Check with your local Michigan Works office for Job opportunities in your area.

For more information, please call Leeann Fischer between 8:30-12:00 and 1:00-4:30 Monday thru Friday: (989) 345-5390  TDD 1-800-649-3777

Applications are available at:
Ogemaw County Home Improvement Program 

806 West Houghton Avenue
West Branch, MI 48661

“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”  If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC  20250-9410 or call  (202) 690-7442 or email at